Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Hell Day in Agra





Yesterday I took a local tour to Agra city to visit Taj Mahal. The local tour took 300 RPs.

Taj Mahal is beautiful, but my tour was bad. In the morning, the travel agent asked us to arrive at 6:00AM. I was there then, however, it took 30 minutes to have a guide person to pick us up.

Later he needed to "collect" more people to save $$, so we waited for one more hour to get started the road. I was asked to sit in a small seat behind the bus driver all day long. I need to blow(?) my knees all day.

We were taken to an expensive restaurant to eat our breakfast. I only ate a vegetable sandwich. Then we got started again.

At about 1:00PM, we arrived Agra Fort. They only allowed us to view it for one hour. However, a local Indian told me that we only had 30 minutes. It took 1.5 hours for us to start on the road. I have waited there for 1 hour.

Later we were taken to a local marble shop store for 40 minutes. No one could escape. Later we were taken to eat lunch. Of course, it was an expensive one. I told them that I was not comfortable in my stomach, so I escaped to eat something else to make me more comfortable.

Finally, we were at Taj Mahal, but we were allowed for 70 minutes. I hurried to finish all the processes and waited the bus on 6:00PM on time. However, we waited till 7:00 PM to get started again.

We were on our road to New Delhi. However, we were taken to a Hindi temple to see it. Actually, I have no interest now. Of course, after one hour, we got started again. After 1 hour of driving, we were taken to a Muslim temple. The way they handled it was like you were taken to a local Taiwan temple and asked you to donate $$. I didn't understand their introduction, but I thought to get home asap.

Later, we were on our road again, but now it was 11:30PM. We were taken to the same restaurant for breakfast again for resting. At 2:50AM, we arrived the New Delhi Railway Station.

If I knew it, I won't take this trip or recommend it to my friends.

No comments: