Friday, October 20, 2006

Leave India

On Oct 18th, I left India.

In fact, I didn't have too good memory about this country. First, there are touts every where, especially on my first day I happened to be cheated; second, there are not too many places to eat food, so I still carried diarrhea when I left.

To survive in this country is not easy. Every time when you buy something, people try not to give you the small amount of coins. This also happens to local Indians. In Taiwan, it is of course not possible that a store manager doesn't return you $1 NTD when you buy a $9 product and you give him $10. If he doesn't return you that money. It is considered cheating.

In this country, many touts try to waste your time, they ask you what you need. If you response them every time, they will try again to provide you that service. Or they try to point you a wrong place if you want to go to the government's Delhi tourism. They try to lead you to private travel agents.

I don't know in Taiwan 30 years ago if it was like this. I have to ask my mother and grandmother.

No comments: